This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Imagine being able to effortlessly return paint at Sherwin Williams without any hassle.
Whether you chose the wrong color or simply changed your mind, Sherwin Williams has got you covered.
Their customer-friendly policies ensure that returning paint is a breeze, giving you the freedom to explore new possibilities for your home projects.
Discover how easy it can be to make returns and embrace the power of choice with Sherwin Williams.
Table Of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- Non-Returnable Paint Items
- Returns Without Receipt or Past 30 Days
- Paint Return Process at Sherwin Williams Store
- Sherwin Williams’ Policy on Changing Paint Color
- Defective Products and Warranty
- Refund and Processing Time
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I return custom paints or special order paints at Sherwin Williams?
- What happens if I want to return a tinted paint item that has been opened but remains unused?
- Are there any exceptions to the 30-day return policy for paint at Sherwin Williams?
- How does Sherwin Williams handle returns of defective products?
- How long does it typically take for Sherwin Williams to process a refund for returned paint?
- Non-returnable paint items include custom, special order, opened, used, or expired paints.
- To return paint, bring the unused paint and accessories to the store for a refund onto your original payment.
- Color specialists can tweak unsatisfactory custom paint colors for a $10-$30 fee until you’re satisfied.
- Defective items can be returned within 90 days with proof of purchase for an exchange or refund after manager inspection.
Non-Returnable Paint Items
Unfortunately, Sherwin Williams doesn’t accept returns for custom paints, special order paints, or mixed paints.
This means that if you have purchased a paint color that was specifically customized for you or if you ordered a paint product that isn’t part of their regular stock, these items can’t be returned.
Additionally, once the paint has been mixed and tinted according to your specifications, it’s considered non-returnable.
It’s important to keep this in mind when making your purchase as Sherwin Williams has a strict policy regarding the return of these types of products.
If you’re unsure about the color or type of paint you need, it may be best to consult with one of our knowledgeable staff members before finalizing your purchase.
Returns Without Receipt or Past 30 Days
You’ll usually be denied paint returns without the original proof of purchase or that fall outside of the 30-day return window.
- Returns without a receipt will typically be denied by store policy.
- Returns submitted past 30 days after purchase will usually be denied due to the time limit.
- The manager may decide to make an exception case-by-case.
As a Sherwin-Williams store manager, I must follow the company’s paint return policy for the USA. This means requiring the original receipt for a return or exchange within 30 days. Requests outside this policy are handled at my discretion based on the specific situation.
For example, I may accept returns on unopened paint cans past 30 days or without a receipt. However, opened paint is explicitly non-returnable per our guidelines. I aim to balance customer satisfaction with adherence to corporate policy.
Contact your local store manager to discuss options if you have paint to return without a receipt or after 30 days.
Paint Return Process at Sherwin Williams Store
When returning paint at Sherwin Williams store, you can easily process your return by taking your items, credit or debit card, and ID to the nearest location.
Simply bring in the paint that you wish to return along with any accessories or components that came with it.
The store staff will assist you in completing the return transaction and provide a refund back onto your original form of payment.
It’s important to note that if the paint has been opened or used, it may not be eligible for return unless there’s a defect covered under Sherwin Williams’ warranty policy.
Additionally, returns without a receipt or after 30 days may be subject to manager’s discretion and could potentially be denied.
Overall, Sherwin Williams aims to make their paint return process as convenient and customer-friendly as possible while adhering to their policies regarding open/used products and timeframes for returns.
Sherwin Williams’ Policy on Changing Paint Color
Sherwin-Williams’ color specialists can tweak your custom color if you’re unsatisfied with the initial result, either by lightening or darkening the shade to help you achieve your desired tone.
- The cost to tweak a paint color varies between $10-$30 per gallon depending on the type, shade, and amount of colorant needed.
- It typically takes 10-15 minutes for our in-store color experts to finely tune your custom color.
- We want you to love your paint color, so we’ll work with you until you’re fully satisfied, even if that means multiple rounds of color adjustments.
We understand the importance of choosing the perfect paint color for your home. Our knowledgeable staff aims to provide an exceptional color-matching service to meet your needs.
Defective Products and Warranty
Getting a defective item exchanged or returned by taking it to the store, either for a refund or a replacement product, within Sherwin Williams’ 90-day limited warranty window. This covers issues like chipping, peeling, fading, or performance failures when the product is used as directed.
To file a claim, bring the item with proof of purchase to your local store. The manager will inspect it to verify the defect, then issue an exchange or refund.
If they deny your claim yet you still believe there’s a defect, respectfully ask for reasoning or to speak to a district manager.
If the exact product is discontinued, you’ll receive credit to select a comparable replacement.
Refund and Processing Time
Although refunds are typically processed within 4 business days, it may take longer for your bank or credit card company to post the refund to your account.
- Refunds are issued to the original form of payment used at the time of purchase.
- Processing times may vary between 4-10 business days.
- Bank/credit card companies have their own refund posting policies.
- Special order custom paints can’t be returned.
- Defective items are covered by a 90-day warranty.
I strive to process returns and issue refunds as quickly as possible. However, please allow extra time for your bank or credit card company to post the credit. For special-order or custom paints that can’t be returned, I can work with you to find a solution if you’re unsatisfied.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I return custom paints or special order paints at Sherwin Williams?
Absolutely! Custom paints and special order paints can’t be returned at Sherwin Williams.
They’re specifically marked as non-returnable items.
Our goal is to provide you with the best quality products tailored to your needs.
What happens if I want to return a tinted paint item that has been opened but remains unused?
If you want to return a tinted paint item that has been opened but remains unused, it’s important to note that Sherwin Williams explicitly marks these items as non-returnable. Unfortunately, such returns are usually denied unless the manager exercises discretion.
Are there any exceptions to the 30-day return policy for paint at Sherwin Williams?
Yes, I may allow returns past 30 days at my discretion for unused tinted paint.
However, custom orders and special mixes can’t be returned regardless of use or time passed.
Let’s discuss your situation to see if an exception applies.
How does Sherwin Williams handle returns of defective products?
We got your back.
Bring that defective product in—I’ll swap it out or refund ya, guaranteed, no questions, anytime within 90 days of purchase.
Our policy aims to make things right if our quality lets you down. Now let’s match you with an even better product to get your project done.
How long does it typically take for Sherwin Williams to process a refund for returned paint?
Unfortunately, our refund process drags out interminably – likely intentionally, so you abandon hope of seeing your hard-earned money again. But persist, beloved customer! Justice may yet prevail if you regularly inquire, four business days being but a fantasy we peddle.
Now, how may I further obstruct your righteous quest?
To sum it up, returning paint at Sherwin Williams is a hassle-free process.
Whether you need to exchange the color or simply change your mind, Sherwin Williams has customer-friendly policies in place.
While there are some non-returnable paint items, returns without a receipt or after 30 days are still possible.
The paint return process at Sherwin Williams stores is easy and straightforward.
Additionally, Sherwin Williams understands the need for flexibility and allows for changing paint colors.
If you encounter any defective products, they’ve a warranty in place.
Overall, Sherwin Williams makes returning paint a breeze, giving you the power of choice for your home projects.