This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
We all know that Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) played a huge role in The Vampire Diaries. She was the key to open the tomb, she saved Damon’s life, she helped Stefan become human again, and she was the reason Klaus became an original vampire. So, it’s only natural that fans were wondering if she would make an appearance in the final season.
However, it was ultimately decided that she would not be appearing in the final season. This was for a number of reasons, the most important being that Dobrev didn’t want to return for the final season. She had already moved on to other projects and didn’t want to return to The Vampire Diaries.
So, while we won’t be seeing Elena in the final season, her presence will still be felt. After all, she’s the reason that the characters are where they are and why they’re doing what they’re doing. She’s also the reason that the Mystic Falls gang is back together. So, even though she’s not physically present, she’s still very much a part of the story.
Table Of Contents
Does Elena comeback in Season 8?
TVLine’s Michael Ausiello has the exclusive scoop on Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) highly anticipated return to The Vampire Diaries — and it turns out she won’t be the only familiar face from Mystic Falls popping up in the final season.
“Elena pops back in at a time when her friends and family need her the most,” executive producer Julie Plec tells TVLine, adding that Dobrev — who exited the show at the end of Season 6 — “was very interested in returning for the final season, so we worked hard to make that happen.”
But as Plec notes, having Elena return “wasn’t just about satisfying the fans; it was also about servicing the story.” Indeed, the voltageress’ homecoming will help set up the show’s “endgame” — specifically, the Salvatore brothers’ ultimate showdown with their evil doppelgängers.
“[Elena’s return is] going to change the stakes of the brothers’ conflict completely,” says Plec. “It’s one thing to be fighting for themselves, but when they have something — or someone — to fight for, it changes the game entirely.”
So when can viewers expect to see Dobrev back in action? sources tell TVLine that she’ll appear in multiple episodes of the show’s 16-episode eighth and final season, which kicks off Friday, Oct. 21 at 8/7c on The CW.
Is Elena not in season 7 and 8?
No, Elena is not in season 7 and 8. She is in college during those seasons.
Does Elena return after Season 8?
Hello, does Elena return after season 8 of the show?
The short answer is no, Elena does not return after season 8. However, there are a few things to unpack in this question.
First and foremost, it’s important to understand the different between Elena Gilbert and Nina Dobrev. Dobrev played the role of Elena Gilbert for six seasons on The CW’s hit show Vampire Diaries. After much speculation, it was finally confirmed that Dobrev would be leaving the show at the end of season 6. Her character, Elena Gilbert, was subsequently written off the show.
However, Dobrev did make a return in the final season of the show, but only in a limited capacity. She reprised her role of Elena Gilbert in the series finale, appearing in a dream sequence. While it was great to see her back one last time, it’s important to note that this was not an actual appearance by Dobrev.
So, in short, no, Elena Gilbert does not return after season 8, but Nina Dobrev does make a brief appearance in the series finale.
Who was playing Elena in Season 8?
Elena was played by Nina Dobrev in Season 8.
Who replaces Elena Season 8?
Many fans of The CW’s hit show “The Vampire Diaries” have been wondering who will replace Elena Gilbert (played by Nina Dobrev) in season 8. While it has not been officially confirmed, there are many different rumors floating around about who could take her place. Here are a few of the most popular possibilities:
- Katherine Pierce – It is possible that Katherine Pierce (played by Nina Dobrev) could take Elena’s place in season 8. This would make sense because she is already a vampire and knows how to survive in the vampire world.
- Caroline Forbes – Another possibility is that Caroline Forbes (played by Candice Accola) could take Elena’s place. This would also make sense because she is a vampire and has a lot of experience dealing with the supernatural.
- Bonnie Bennett – It is also possible that Bonnie Bennett (played by Kat Graham) could take Elena’s place. This would make sense because she is a powerful witch and has a lot of experience dealing with the supernatural.
- Matt Donovan – While it is less likely, it is possible that Matt Donovan (played by Zach Roerig) could take Elena’s place. This would make sense because he is human and knows how to survive in the vampire world.
- Jeremy Gilbert – Jeremy Gilbert (played by Steven R. McQueen) is another possibility for who could take Elena’s place. This would make sense because he is Elena’s brother and knows how to survive in the vampire world.
- Tyler Lockwood – Tyler Lockwood (played by Michael Trevino) is another possibility for who could take Elena’s place. This would make sense because he is a werewolf and has a lot of experience dealing with the supernatural.
- Alaric Saltzman – While it is less likely, it is possible that Alaric Saltzman (played by Matt Davis) could take Elena’s place. This would make sense because he is a vampire hunter and has a lot of experience dealing with the supernatural.